.

NEWS AND VIEWS THAT IMPACT LIMITED CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with
power to endanger the public liberty." - - - - John Adams

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Binge watching "Gotham" season one on Netflix


Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin

Gotham
The Best Damn Show on TV




By Gary;

I am staggered by the flood of original programming science fiction / action adventure shows that have appeared on standard networks, cable channels and Internet services.

As the ultimate fanboy I have entered a form of Heaven as well as Hell.  It is Hell because there are so many damn shows out there I can't even begin to get involved in their plot lines.

But I did manage to catch a couple partial episodes of Gotham.  Partial episodes with endless commercials. I learned more about cell phones, Flo and car insurance than I did about the program they sponsored.

Netflix Binge Watching

Thank God for Netflix.  Commercial free viewing. The only way to watch any show.

As the ultimate Superhero / Sci Fi fan I just had to get around to Gotham.  It was well worth the wait.

I ripped through all 22 episodes of season one in short order.  All our friends are there: Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Commissioner Gordon, Bruce Wayne and more, but the clock is turned back to an earlier time.

The cast is more than outstanding. The actors were born to play their roles. Special praise to Robin Lord Taylor who is off the charts as the Penguin. Also a powerful character is Jada Pinkett Smith (wife of Will Smith) as Fish Mooney.

The plots are gritty and often violent as befits the cesspool of Gotham.

For those who have missed the series get to it without delay. Currently I would rank Gotham as the best show on TV today.

Rating:  9 out of 10


GOTHAM | Official Extended Trailer






Gotham: Gordon kills the "Penguin"







Oswald Cobblepot ↑ You Know Who I am







No comments: